Thursday, August 30, 2007

Inspiration

This is my first post and I am very excited to get started sketching. I came across a really interesting blog with one particular entry that I loved. This blog post showed the process of a drawing and how it can totally transform from it's original purpose. The artist was frustrated with a piece of hers she was working on, so she ripped it apart and used it for another piece that turned out beautiful. I absolutely love how creative the artist was to paste her beautiful strips of paper into a dress. The artist then sketched arms and a face with wispy hair. My favorite part about the drawing is the woman's face. Her face has an expression of complete content that is so hard to capture. I think that when a drawing speaks to the viewer and effects the viewers mood that it is a successful piece of work. Improving people's lives and inspiring others is the purpose of art and design in the first place.
Credit: penelopeillustration.com/blog




No comments: