Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What a Mess!




I really enjoyed this assignment and I think I have improved when it comes to drawing objects. People are still pretty difficult for me though. I had no problem drawing messy areas since my room is ALWAYS a mess! My favorite were the last two drawings I did because I spent the most time on them and I was slow and deliberate with my strokes. It takes a lot of time and work to make a drawing beautiful with cross-hatching. It makes you really appreciate the drawings where the artist's cross-hatching is soft and life-like.

2 comments:

suzanne cabrera said...

Looks like you've really been practicing hatching. Nice job! Be sure to take time once you scan your drawing to crop and lighten it. Otherwise, these factors become distracting and take away from your work.

Megan Schwarz said...

I like that your using color! i'm still afraid to use it, but it seems like you know exactly where to put it, and not to use too much color either.