Thursday, September 6, 2007

Frustration


I've been having a really hard time with these drawings where we can't use rulers and tools other then pens. I will start a drawing and as soon as I see one bad line I quit and start a new drawing. Needless to say that my sketchbook is almost all of the way full because of this. I'm also not used to drawing buildings. My high school didn't have any interior design or architecture classes. I took art all through high school but instead of drawing I painted mostly abstract and expressionist art-which is nothing like clean and precise architectural drawings. I know this is what I want to do, there is no doubt in my mind. I guess it just takes practice right?

4 comments:

Brittany D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelle b. said...

i think that you did an awesome job with the contour drawing. you had a perfect amount of detail in your drawing and i thought that was cool because its hard for me to define how much detail is enough.

megmcmillan said...

This contour drawing is good, so dont get so discouraged!!! I've found the more that I practice the easier it gets!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone, you did a really good job, don't be too hard on yourself. I do the same thing, I get really frustrated and want to start the entire drawing over. It is really hard to resist but sometimes you gotta do it.